Ms. Tomato
In the afternoon, we took a trolley (the original green one...Streetcar Named Desire) to the Garden District. It was threatening rain, but we never got "stuck" in a shower. We were either in a restaurant or on the trolley. Whew! The one thing I didn't like about many of the places here, they don't have public restrooms, places to sit and rest, etc., for visitors like some places we've visited. At least it seems that way to me, when I have drank a lot of ice tea. Some restaurants say "for customers only". The other thing that may be a negative (again to me....I don't believe Clyde felt it) was I didn't feel as secure as in the bright lights of New York. There just didn't seem to be as much security around. Maybe there was, I never felt threatened, just not real safe.
Recently in San Antonio, my mom, sister and I just felt SO welcomed. Here, not so much, but it was OK.
I have appreciated the prices on food, the things we did that were "free" and the price of our convenient hotel were all reasonable. Saying that, there were motels, restaurants & many gifts that were way over our head. I saw where the "rich" stayed!
Last night, we went back to Deanies to eat....we LOVED it the first time. However, it was later and the wait was one hour. So we decided to hop a trolley and go back to the River Moon Walk down to French Street (music row). We met these very nice ladies who told us to eat at this Italian place....again, too long a line. So, we walked up the street and landed in a (bar) place with a band playing. The bus tour guide had mentioned it as we passed. It was Maison's, and there was a table ready that we could order food from. Sitting there with our shrimp broschetta (spelling?) and chips/dip (with my diet coke & Clyde's soda) we met a nice couple from England. They were originally from Australia, but now live in England. Clyde sat next to her and they talked when you could hear!
Walking back (trolley stopped that line at 10) along dark alleys/streets, I thought "if my kids could see me now!" and....please Lord keep us safe! Ha, it wasn't bad....too funny, a man in the McDonalds (stopped there before we got to the hotel) came up to me and said "it's not right not to be able to use the bathroom in a McDonalds......I guess I'll go outside to take a P...." and bless his heart, he looked like he would have.
It is Sunday morning and the first morning of our trip that it is overcast, dreary. So, since this is our check out day, we are ready to pack it up. Call for the car (where do they put them???) and head out. We met this couple last night, when we were deciding to wait at Deanie's, that told us of a plantation named Oak Alley. They bragged and bragged on it.....we may stop there, but depends on the weather! We'll see....where the road takes us today????
On a side note, missed Austin's game yesterday and they had another victory! This season is ending better than the first four straight losses made us wonder how it would go. It has been fun. He is doing well, hitting great and fielding MUCH better. Yeah!
Thankful Becky is juggling work, family, etc., and Jason Allen is working hard and kept up our yard! Thankful for good friends that have stepped in to water! Becky offered, but she has her hands FULL. Flowers can be replaced, but my babies need her most. Love to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment