Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mother

Mom turned 85 on Dec. 9th. As most of you know, she lost her partner of 65 years 1 1/2 yrs ago. She misses him everyday. I don't think for a minute she is depressed. She gets out (each week my sister picks her up for breakfast), goes to her beloved church weekly, plays rummy with Kent and I several times a week on and on. She still attends monthly WCG meetings (her women's group) and takes a dish. She eats out with Kent more than they used to but she cooks a lot as well.

She also is beginning to think more and more of Heaven. She says on occasion she looks forward to seeing dad again. After dad passed, she started giving monetary gifts away. Also she started giving away her collection of Precious Moments. She has two full cabinets of her treasures. She loves them. Many were gifts from dad and she recalls times he had to hunt one down that was special to her.

At Christmas she gave each of her children and grown girl grandchildren one. I wish we had gotten a picture of us holding them. I will insert a photo of a few she has given me lately. Although these never grew valuable in today's market, they were valuable to mom. This is the first I've used my iPad to blog and I can't browse for the picture:(.
Second one from the left, "Many Moons in the Same Canoe, Blessum You". A gift for their anniversary one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment