Sunday, September 25, 2011

Family News


Since we have not been having breakfast on Sat. mornings at Atlanta Bread (which is out of business), my blogging has suffered. Since everyone posts photos on FB and leaves comments there, blogging seems to be on the back burner. However, I like writing to the few that read my blog things I wouldn't want to write on FB. Also, I like keeping this in the way of a journal...something to look back on.

The biggest news our family has celebrated is Jason's engagement to Cassie. I didn't have pictures on my iphone so I didn't post a status update on it. Jason doesn't do FB so I am never sure how much to write there. I do have some photos and I will download a few from my camera. We had supper at Olive Garden last Sunday, Sept. 18th, to celebrate Cassie's birthday (29). After we ate, we went back to Becky's house for cake and icecream. They hadn't seen Bec & Jason's new house so they had a tour there, then we sat out on the deck for dessert.

Thomas sat by me at supper and I enjoyed getting to talk to him. He is so sweet and learning so much. He had good questions & comments. I really liked being with him. He brought each cousin to be a small pumpkin he picked out for them at Evan's Orchard. He told me "I have a special one for Austin, cause he's a special boy". So cute. He actually doesn't like one boy over the other as far as I can see.

The engagement was on Sat. night at a birthday party Cassie's friends at Greens threw for her and one other birthday girl from work (I believe is the way it was). There was a live band and a big smoker with beef brisket. Jason said it was melt in your mouth good. There were lights, dancing, and just a great party. While there, when the band was taking a break, they were dancing to nice music, he dropped to one knee and asked her. Their close friends and cousins were there to help celebrate. All in all, from what they told us, it seemed very well thought out and it was very romantic. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment