Monday, August 15, 2011

Late Summer Garden

Hanging basket hay rake tree. Late in summer so some look better than others.
Dark pink Crape Mrytle (spelling?) Beautiful at this time.


My favorite hanging basket. I put this together and added new coconut liner this year. This purple plant took over the other edging plant, but it's been nice and trouble free.


I bought this orchid for a bridal shower early in the year and this is it's second blooming. It was a surprise and treat to me! It is just beautiful at this time.


This picture doesn't show this plant well. The purple sweet potato vine is huge. I sprayed Sevin on it so that there were no "holes" and it has been beautiful.


To the right is a Cleome. I have great luck each year with these volunteer flowers that reseed and bloom the next year. This year, however, this is the only one that came back to full size. It actually is so big and nice, I was OK with adding the red salvia that bloomed all summer and added so much color. However, I am planning to drop the seeds this year so hopefully they will continue to come back.


No comments:

Post a Comment