For years we have followed Nascar. Not as closely as some, more so than others. It's a great American event and we like it. At the beginning, I was a Jeff Gordon fan. Clyde and I both are Dale Earnhart, Jr. fans and there are a few other drivers if they win, we are all for them. The fly overs (for me), Darryl Waltrip saying "boggity, boggity, boggity, let's go racing boys".....(or something like that!), the fireworks, the skydivers (USA parachutes), all that is what I like most! Clyde, of course, likes action on the track.
For our first NASCAR big race at Kentucky Speedway, Joe Wiley included us in his family's plans. He went all out and didn't miss a detail. He took backroads to get us into Sparta, we parked quite a way from the track in a field. Set up our tent, put out the food, cornhole, and waited until closer to the race to walk up. All in all, it was a great event for us. The night was "balmy" with a slight breeze (very nice). Our seats were good, the lines we waited in for fresh squeezed lemonade and kettle corn weren't so bad. Getting out was not easy. The walk back to our car was long with thousands of walkers fighting the traffic that we walked along beside. I felt like the settlers long ago walking beside their wagons to the west. However, that again could have been worse (according to the people/cars we saw on the side of the interstate on our way home). So, I am pleased to say (although we didn't want Kyle to win) that our experience was a very good one. Here are some pics.
I stole some of these photos. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to go to the race with you guys!
Debbie, It was a great time! We enjoyed it and think you should email the Herald Leader and give them a 'positive' experience from Kentucky Speedway.
ReplyDeleteJoe