Saturday, June 25, 2011

Daddy's Birthday

A long time favorite at nana's house...dried pastas & lots of kitchen tools!

Maggie with her first manicure! Becky let her choose the color, first she said "black"!


Another Saturday morning and we are not at Atlanta Bread Company:( For some unknown reason, it was closed this morning...no note on the door, no lights on, just dark inside! A few weeks ago our bagel breakfast sandwich was cold/frozen in the middle, so this may be enough for us to be discouraged to keep going there. We like whole wheat bagels and they never have them (a third reason)....oh well, here we are at McD's with a whole lot more people and construction here.

Today is June 25th, daddy's birthday. He would be 91 today. I hope to cut him some flowers and take them out to the cemetery later. I need to pack for vacation today, but if I can I need to go visit mom or ask her and Kent to come over to play rummy. That's the card game of choice since dad is not here to play Rook.

I missed not having my family (sisters & their kids) over for daddy's Father's Day & birthday combined party this year. My niece, Stephanie, always enjoys the backyard to the max. She oohs and aahs over the flowers, even though she & Ben grow their own "award" winning gardens.

We leave tomorrow for a ride along the Blueridge Parkway to end up in Gatlinburg. It ought to be a beautiful ride and we are looking forward to it. It's been cool here, so it will be extra cool up way high....jackets are a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment