Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring in Kentucky

Walking in the door to Atlanta Bread for our Sat. treat, I was treated with these beautiful daffodils. Cold temps, snow in the forecast (what?), and these flowers blooming! Spring!
Most years we are in Florida when this early spring tree blooms. It smells wonderful! Austin said when he saw all the pedals on the ground "nana, where did the white leaves come from"?

If work ethic means anything (which we all know it does), Austin will be a success in life (which I don't doubt for a minute).

Grooming them to work hard all their life! My precious girl. A Becky mini me.

Good Saturday morning everyone (well, this is actually to me and a very few of you!)! Spring in Lexington, KY.....KENTUCKY BASKETBALL!!! Go CATS!!! After a very good meal with very good friends (Copper River Grill), we watched a VERY GOOD basketball game. UK came out on top by two points against Ohio State (the number one team). What an upset (I guess you would say?) Clyde was sweating, on the edge of his seat (the sofa) and at the end of the game, we were both on our feet. We were jumping up & down, fist bumps, high fives and just pushing them on to victory. Loved it!
Loving today as we were driving down to breakfast, just looking at the white trees, yellow daffodils, and all the GREEN grass. So good to be alive, so good to be in the hands of God. I was listening to KLove on the way here, Nicole Mullins (I believe) was singing "My Redeemer Lives" and I could just feel His presence. What a feeling. Thank you God.
We are working this week with the anticipation of the next week at the beach. I work all year long, just for that one week of sun and sand. I can't wait. We are taking Ms. Maggie and she is all ready to go. She has a new swimsuit and a few new sundresses.
Here are a few photos of springtime! Happy weekend and week to come everyone. Bring us another Kentucky win boys on Sunday against North Carolina!

1 comment: