Some of my favorite Christmas moments this year:
- Christmas parade in downtown Lexington got me started!
- Kindergarten program at Clays Mill. The kis had a few solos that were just wonderful!
- I got to see Maggie's day care Christmas program the day before they preformed at their dress rehearsal.
- Friday night my extended family Christmas. It is always a little "disorganized" as we have it at mom's church (none of us attend there, except mom & Kent). So, we don't have the decorations, table settings, and all the "frill" of the season. However, we have all that is important, family.
- Last, but the one thing I have "personally" enjoyed are all the Hallmark movies:)
I was so disappointed but didn't want to say much about the fact Maggie's program was on the same night as my family dinner. We really didn't give it a second thought, as we couldn't miss mom's dinner. She reserves the church, and to her, this is her Christmas. However, at the last minute, on Thursday, the 16th (I think) Ms. Judy called to tell Becky Maggie had to come for dress rehearsal at 4. So, Becky asked her if nana could come and bring MJ and stay to see the dress rehearsal. I know this was NOT something Ms. Judy wanted, but she let me come. Although I felt bad being there, after the rehearsal, I was so happy I came. I cried through the whole program. Just sitting there, alone, in the dark with this wonderful production was overwhelming. All six students are younger than Kindergarten age. So, 2 to 5 are the ages. She had some "past" students that are siblings come to take part. One read scripture, and the rest were older angels. However, the little ones were the main characters. Maggie was an angel, that was not the best behaved angel in the program I was told. She couldn't see me at the rehearsal, but during the program, all the family (Jason's family) were on the front row and Bec said Ms. Maggie waved during most of the program. Then she pointed her finger at Becky during the carol time when Becky was singing and told her to "shhhh".
During the program, there was a video of all the children walking "to Bethlehem" in a big field all dressed in shepherd's clothes. A beautiful song was playing during this. At one point, a section of "The Littlest Angel" movie was playing, the part of "what can I give"....they ended the program by raising candles (light bulb kind) high and saying "Happy Birthday" Jesus. All in all, it was moving, precious, and I am happy Maggie learned the message of Christmas at the age of almost three!
No comments:
Post a Comment