Seems like each time I try blogging these (busy) days, I wind up taking off a design, or adding something silly that I sure didn't aim to add! So, today after too long trying to add back a cute "fallish" design, I will just type and add a few photos.
On Friday, I was resting up a bit for a Friday night dinner and movie date, when Becky called needing help. She had an extremely busy weekend planned, even busier than normal, if possible. Matthew was complaining of a sore throat. So, she called and got a quick appt. and I took him in. She raced home (around 5) for last minute preparations for Jason's college roommate, Eric, and his family to arrive. They had a good meal, nice evening together to catch up, then Eric & family went to GT homecoming (I always like for Becky to go:). Tonight, all Jason's fraternity brothers (and wives) are ending the day at Danny & Saras for food & fellowship.
This left nana and pap with one sick Matthew. He was tested and positive for strep, but the problem is, he feels pretty good! He cried last night, after realizing he wasn't going home for his momma. He wailed wanting to see her, it was so sweet (actually). He cried "momma, I just want to go home cause I love her"....miraculously, he stopped before too long. I told him he would love staying at nans house as Austin & Maggie does and they have never, ever cried for mom or dad! He fell asleep on the sofa, and we made him up a nice, comfy bed on the air mattress. He woke up around 7:30 Sat. morning, and asked if the company had gone home so he could go see momma. I told him she would call soon to check on him. Like clockwork, she called soon. She talked to him and although he sounded sad, he didn't cry anymore:)
Pap went to the store and got him OJ that he likes, applesauce, sugarfree popsicles and canned Chef Boy type of food for lunch today. He has enjoyed NOT sharing the basketball, the computer, and picking out the DVD he wanted to watch! He is sure a whole lot easier alone! He is a sweet boy. He thinks of Maggie & Austin a lot. He wants to make them things and wanted to bring them home a sucker (I said no).
No comments:
Post a Comment