Saturday, August 14, 2010

CPA Social





Tonight we had the first CPA class social of the year. We hope to have one monthly on the same weekend. Each couple will sign up for a date and they can choose to meet at their house or out to eat...whatever, just to keep us connected. I like to have things at my house outside, except for small groups inside. Having it in August, we knew it would be HOT outside; but it's usually pleasant late in the evening, under the trees. Clyde and I went out after the pop up shower, and set up the tent (with the screen around it). We got out the tables, set them up with coverings, all plates, etc., out there and as the first couple came....so did the VERY dark clouds. Then the clouds burst! We all scrambled to set up on the screen porch with the food inside. I had planned on having appetizers first, then when it cooled down, we were planning to roast hotdogs. So, we were flexible:) We ate yummy sausage balls (thanks Kathy C.) and I made a big cheeseball. So that was nice, while others started coming (through a very heavy rain). Now, at our house, it hadn't rained for a very long time. So, we did not complain. Timing was bad for cornhole and campfire, but we had a very nice night. Clyde grilled the dogs, we dressed them up, had wonderful dressed eggs, baked beans, pasta salad & mac & cheese....all yummy. Strawberry cake (so moist!), dipped strawberries and chocolate brownie bites with frosting (I love chocolate). We talked and laughed, caught up until almost 10:00! Pretty late for "old" folk. Thanks all for a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment