Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer's passing!

I am thankful each year, when one flower "comes through". This year, for me, it was Choleus (Coleus?) They are known for their foilage, and I have several pots of all colors! So nice.

A few photos from outside...I have NOT spent enough time there, and it shows:( However, I am having a very fun time "on the road"! I will download a few more pics.....

Well, it's 4th of July weekend. I have had a wonderful, fun summer. I can say "thank you" to my good husband for most of that. He is very clear in his trying to make sure I enjoy myself on vacations (away from Lex.) and he likes to make sure we have fun when we are home. His planning ahead of time, makes for a very good trip. After our Michigan trip, Clyde had a couple of work weeks in Carrolton, General Butler for me. I took the boys for a few days before they left with the Keith's on vacation to Jekyll Island. Then we had a good weekend....ate at Eddie Montgomery's Steak Hs. on Sunday, then went back out of town to Butler for "me" time at the pool (and shopping nearby!) We ate at "Our Best" while there. My yard (garden?) isn't looking it's best, especially the flower baskets that have been ignored too much. Oh well, something has to give when I'm gone! I sure enjoyed my time away, so I won't complain too much.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I appreciate your blog post title "Summer's Passing." Come on... we still have all of July. When I get home, I say we go to the pool everyday and try not to let it pass too quickly!

    ReplyDelete