Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tee-ball is Winding Down!

Too hot to watch the boys play ball....the shade tree was much better for the sisters!
Austin on deck....

Made it to first....be ready to run!
Alex Coleman, friend from church and Tots!

Kimmie & Ralph came and that makes the boys happy:)
They may have lost, but the icesicle makes everything better~
Well, I have loved having grandson's on a baseball team. They have been a joy to me. I have loved watching every moment. I am quite "verbal" at games so I have tried real hard to be quieter. I just think everything I have to say is important and will help them...LOL...not! Anyway, I know to encourage them is #1 and that is always my priority. They are little boys, that came into a game knowing next to nothing about running bases, where to throw the ball, and just overall baseball language. They had hit a wiffle ball in our back yard, hit on a t-ball stand last year some, but that was about the extent. Now, I can say they hold the bat beautifully, have full swings, listen to their coach, stop the ground ball, and make better throws. They still are learning what to do infield if the ball comes to them, as they have only played infield in a few innings (when the score is WAY up). We have loved Coach Steve and his son. They have been good to the boys. I have loved the other players moms, although I really haven't "met" them all individually....just as a cheering section. They have taken Becky and the boys in as "Met's family" and today Maggie was playing very well with two little girls. We will miss the next game, which is their 3rd tournament game. If they win, they'll play another, if they lose, this will be their last one. Thanks Austin & Matthew for making the start of our summer (end of spring) so fun. We love you bunches and we are VERY proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment