Sunday, June 6, 2010

School's out, Graduation & Mets!

This is a chicken dish that Susan and I ordered. Very good:)
The girls at Merrick patio!


Sweet Maggie!



We just finished the school year:) So good to be out for the summer. It will go fast, that's a fact. I will enjoy every moment, that's a fact. Vacation is just around the corner. We are traveling to Mackinack Island June 15th and looking forward to the trip.
Today we celebrated our niece, Erin's, graduation from LHS. We had a party here at our house. Her boyfriend, Phillip, joined us along with a friend, Donna, with Harley. Tomorrow is his 50th birthday. So, Erin wanted to celebrate his birthday along with her graduation. I made the meal on Sat. and baked the ham on Sunday after church. Martha brought the cakes, and they were so good. She brought dressed eggs and Harley made a great pasta salad and brought two bowls of it. The rest I made and was glad to! We played cornhole, croquet, and everyone seemed to just love being outdoors. It was a beautiful.
My day was interrupted with an emergency call from mom. Kent had a seizure so she called the EMT. He was taken to the hospital, I came quickly and met the life saving squad at the house. I waited for Bev. and I drove us to UK. Kent was conscience and doing much better. They are keeping him overnight. His nurse this evening is so sweet. Her name is Kelly (I think) and she said her dad was an alcoholic. She seems so understanding and good to him.
Tomorrow is Austin & Matthew's last season game. They have come SO far. They both have learned a lot. The team has improved as well. They have won their past six games. We are just thrilled. Sat. night was nice eating on the patio at Merrick with friends. Jason & Cassie ate on the patio at the Ketch, and said the atmosphere was very good. Becky & Jason ate at Malones....all of us enjoyed our Saturday evening! Here are a few pictures....

1 comment:

  1. I was sad you had to leave the party. I'm glad to hear Kent is better. See you tomorrow. We'll be at the pool I'm sure. Feel free to join us! The boys have swim lessons at 3:30 in Versailles.

    ReplyDelete