We went to St. Augustine yesterday to get out of the sun for the afternoon. Becky, you mentioned my tan, the photos really do look like I have soaked it up, and today may prove to be true (if I ever get out!) but my legs and arms aren't showing a real "tan line"...anyway, another beautiful day in Ky. and Fl. so I am happy.
Sorry I didn't say a lot about granny, Bec. This came about after we were on the road last week. She had a blocked artery in her neck and needed to have a stint but it was too heavily blocked, so they did the "cleaning out"....I don't know how to spell "corroded"but she is home and doing well. Papaw's procedue took a long time yesterday (Thurs.) but Kent said he was home and resting. Mom had a long day and was still out when I called last night. They both have to learn how to "remove" the fluid now...a doctor from Hospice was coming today to show them how (Kent said they didn't pick it up well at the hospital).....
Yesterday was great. I hadn't been there in a very long time. The city reminded me of Savannah with all the little shops to walk through. I was in Heaven getting a large box of candy from the candy store. We ate at a very reasonable rest. called O'Steens (someone here recommended it) then last night we ate at a rest. in Ormond someone else recommended and I would recommend it to anyone looking for BIG meals at a CHEAP price. The potpie was just as good as the man here said it would be. Only on Thursdays can you get them and he said we would have to call ahead. We didn't and we both got one. SO good, deep and for a salad and pie it was $7.99. All the food around us looked just as big and just as good for under $8.00. Clean small American all around restaurant...not on the water or fun to be in like Bubba Gumps, but very good!
No comments:
Post a Comment