Sunday, January 24, 2010

Busy, busy Saturday!

I didn't get a picture but Tricia gave Megan (at this shower) a big platter that had these little "theme or seasonal" add ons that made it fit the occasion. So neat! Megan was delighted.
I didn't get a photo of the hostess' but Kathy C. and Kathy B. gave this shower with me. I could not ask for better ladies to work with. Thanks girls! We are a good team.


One of the neatest, nicest gifts ever was given from her future MIL. It was a honeymoon Sandals trip. The gift for the shower, was a huge beach bag stuffed with "beach" theme items. Also included was a binder with all the activities at the resort they can enjoy. Just so creative and nice! Great job, Kim!


They love Uncle Jason

Future chefs

Washing up to make pizzas

New haircuts
From the time my feet hit the floor yesterday, to the time I laid down last night, I was busy. For several weeks I have been making bows, making favors, adding "touches" here and there for my very good friends, Tricia & David's, daughter's bridal wedding shower tea. Due to earlier snow days, I took advantage of being indoors and decorated the dining room. So, most of the work was done early. Her colors for the wedding are watermelon pink and green, so I tried to copy as best I could without seeing the colors. I printed these little balloons with their engagement pictures on them and used them to decorate the table. I used pink and green votives and flowers for the centerpiece. All in all we had a fun time and Megan was showered with lots of gifts. I will add a few pictures.
Then Jason, Clyde and I sat down to watch UK crush Arkansas for a couple of hours then I was up getting ready to watch the grandkids last night while Becky and Jason had a night of fun with their ABF group from church. A needed night away. The kids were great....we made pizzas, watched movies, and Maggie went to potty for me twice...dry undies! Yeah, MJ. Nana is proud of your progress. She is precious and copies everything the boys do. It is unreal how much Matthew loves her. He is very good to her and for that I am very thankful. The boys both had haircuts yesterday with the front "spiked" from the gel they put on....I'll add a few pic from last night as well. A great church day today looking back at the decade of the 90's, when both my kids were teens and graduated high school. Jason Allen went to the 10:00 so we met up and ate at Red Lobster after church. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment