Today is Wednesday, night out with my favorite son. Clyde is out of town working in Carrolton tonight, but Jason and I were still able to meet, chat and chew. We had a very good meal at Cheddars...one of our favorites. He loves the Teriaki chicken with grilled shrimp and I love the Talipia with grilled shrimp (and I get a salad in place of my sides...love it)
Jason went over to visit with papaw last night (and of course mamaw!) He wanted to say so much to papaw and tried to but wasn't sure how much he actually heard. Jason has a heart as big as anyone I know. Mom always tells me how sweet he is. He would quickly say "I have my moments!"....but I am very pleased with him! Jason is also private and I'm never sure when I will "cross the lines" with too much information! One thing he told me he shared with papaw last night was that he planned to name a son (he may one day have) after papaw. He would be Stanley Allen Baker (Stan). Now this didn't happen, and may never, but what a nice tribute to a wonderful man. A real legacy! Thanks Jason for thinking of this. Becky and Jason has been very "family oriented" by doing the same. Austin Porter is named for papaw who is Stanley Porter and Maggie is named directly after Jason's granny, Maggie Jane. I am very blessed.
I talked to mom today and she said they were discussing pall bearers. Now all of us knows that any one of us could go at any minute. God alone knows the plans He has for our lives. However, I'm sure mom and dad both are trying to be "up front" and leave as little as necessary to do when the time comes. They are waiting everyday for their tombstone to arrive. They have purchased their burial plot many years ago, and about two months ago they picked out their pretty red granite stone. On one side is praying hands and the other is a cross with the words
"In God's Care" at the bottom.
These are the "days of our lives"!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment