Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day Back!

Yesterday (Tuesday) I went back to work full time and got home around 4:40. I made my daily call to the court house to find out that, indeed, I did have jury duty today (Wed....first day of school). I was very bummed. I have only been called one time in 3 1/2 months...this is my last month to serve.
I called a sub, sent emails to my closest co-workers, principal, and typed up my plans, sent them to Beth to print out and give to my sub. Then today, during a break this morning, I called in to tell Barbara that I was still there and if I didn't get picked, I'd be back in. However, out of a large crowd, 31 got picked. Then out of 31, 13 of us got chosen. Then after we met all day, before we went to the jury room, one was let go. The rest of us deliberated, then went on to the end when a sentence was given.
I got home, after meeting Clyde for dinner, around 8:15. Long day....well, tomorrow is another day. I look forward to MY first day of students!

No comments:

Post a Comment