Monday, August 10, 2009

2nd week of "IT"!

I am thankful for a young minister that has a passion. He aches for the homeless, for the lost soul, for they that mourn, and on and on. Yesterday our sermon series on "It" was titled "IT is Love and Love is IT". Is there anything better than love? My notes from the sermon sum up like this...
Our mission is to 1. Help people fall in love with God 2. Help people follow God...
We want to make our church "new" like the 1st church. "IT" is....radical love to the homeless, the sick, the forgotten, the poor...WHAT WE LOVE SHOULD NEVER REPLACE WHO WE LOVE". Jon also said "Your stuff can't get you into Heaven, it can keep you out of Heaven". IT is all about a new YOU. IT is a commITment to a radical love (to complete strangers). Love supports, sacrifices, love never fails. **when you get close enough to share a person's pain, you are close enough to show them love.
Of course, these are the points I took with me that I can actually remember. There was SO MUCH more and not everything I wrote can be exactly as Jon said, but I hope close!
No pics from church...but I will post a few from the garden.
Both my sister and my friend said something about their flower pots not doing as well now as at the beginning of the summer. I sure think that's the way it is for all of us. As we all know (but don't always do!), just shear them back (a good haircut) and keep on watering and the "love" will improve them a lot. Sometimes it's just not worth the work....so for those, I would toss. However, I have one that is special to me. It was the prettiest hanging petunia I have ever received! It was given to me by Becky for Mother's Day in May. It was full and perfect....only for me to let it die. I didn't take a picture at its worse, but Clyde said to throw it away. I could NOT do that. So, I gave it a haircut, fed it and watered it...it's not big as it was, but it is coming back. Here is a picture of it, and of a few other container flowers that are making it through to the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment