Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Playing Rook!

For as long as I remember, my parents played Rook. They have played with their siblings (Uncle Bob) and later in years with their very good friends (Connie & Daisy) and many others. For about two years, I have been mom's partner against dad and Kent on many occasions. Although I spend time there when I should be walking (exercising) or doing other things I need to be doing, I would not trade these times for anything in the world. We started when daddy was in pretty good health. He was able to walk and get around fine. Now he uses a cane and moves much more slowly. However, I thank God daily that he still has a very sharp mind. Most of the time (although mom wouldn't admit it!) they beat us! So, here are a few photos of us playing Rook today. We eat chocolate, fruit, cheese puffs (dads favorite) or most of the time, we just play!

No comments:

Post a Comment