Friday, July 31, 2009

Food, Friends, and Fellowship!


Friday started at Panera for brunch with Michelle. It was so nice to sit, in no hurry, and catch up about our families. Many times we try to chat while on the run and don't really listen. I am thankful for Michelle, who asks and listens....thanks friend!

We ended the day with another "patio experience". This month it was at Regatta's. The food was great, the service was wonderful...no complaints at all. The night temp. was perfect....all in all a very good evening. As always, these friends are like family. After we ate dinner, we came back to my house this time for dessert. I made blackberry cobbler (everyone was very complimentary and asked for the recipe...it's in an old post on this blog)....I made Raspberry chocolate brownies and zucchini bread. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Fred who celebrates #54 on Sunday. His granddaughter, Olivia, turned two today. Happy birthday sweet girl!

Thanks Susan for organizing this and Michelle for calling in the reservation. It would be easy to lose touch with "old" friends now that we all don't attend the same church. Tricia and Susan work hard to keep that from happening. I am grateful.






No comments:

Post a Comment